1. I am pleased to write a letter of recommendation for sb.
2. I wish to recommend sb. for the position of …
3. I have no hesitation in recommending sb. for the post of …
4.I was asked to write a letter of recommendation for sb.
5. I heartily recommend sb. as an addition to your staff. He has worked directly under me
6. It is with great pleasure that I take this opportunity to recommend sb., my … for admission to
your university for further studies as a …
7. When he studied in my university, he passed all courses with either excellent or good marks.
8. He is a responsible research worker, and his graduation paper shows that he has considerable
9. I have found him to be a hardworking, competent, honest, diligent, reliable…worker.
10. I will be very grateful if you would be so kind as to accept him as your graduate student.
To Whom It May Concern,
It is my pleasure to recommend Mr. Li Jun for the position of Director of Technical Department at your Sino-American pharmaceutical company.
Mr. Li Jun had worked in a Chinese hospital for four years, and later got his doctorate of medicine in the UK. Now he is hoping to work in the field of pharmaceutical development. I have known Mr. Li Jun for ten years, and he has impressed me as an academic-minded, hard-working and conscientious scholar.
I believe Mr. Li Jun will achieve a lot in his new post, and your kind attention to this recommendation would be greatly appreciated.
Beijing Medical Institute
May 4, 2004
Dear Graduate Director,
I am happy to recommend Mr. Zhang Ming for your Ph. D program in English. I know him first when he was a graduate student in the Foreign Language Department here at Zhejiang University. After graduation, Mr. Zhang began to teach in our college where he distinguished himself in both his academic ability and his strong sense of responsibility. As an English professor and the dean of the English Department, I am deeply impressed by his talents and enthusiasm. His classes are well planned and executed throughout the semester.
Being cheerful and reliable, Mr. Zhang is also very popular among teachers and students.
Therefore, I here recommend him with no reservation. I am sure he will make an excellent candidate for your Ph. D program.
Professor of English
Dean of English Department