1. I must apologize for any inconvenience it may have caused you.
2. We hope that this has not caused you any inconvenience.
3. We are sorry to hear that some of the books we sent you were incorrectly bound.
4. Unfortunately, some mistakes were made and the goods have been improperly delivered.
5. We are very sorry that we are not in a position to place orders with you for these books.
6. I regret to inform you that I can not attend the meeting on Friday.
7. We frankly admit that we were at fault and we are anxious to correct the consequences. Please
accept our regrets.
8. With apologies once again. / With many apologies.
August 20, 2004
I’m terribly sorry that I failed to come yesterday. I hope this did not mess you up completely, although I know that you had already made some special arrangements for our meeting. I’m very sorry about all that. However, my mother was ill and was sent to the hospital. It was impossible for me to leave her when she was in that state. I hope you will accept my sincere apologies.
31 January, 2005
I’m awfully sorry I forgot to meet you at the railway station yesterday. We had an end-of-term party in our dormitory the night before. I was so proud of the final exam results that I drank like a fish all night. I felt dizzy all day yesterday and had little sense of what I should do. It was in the evening that I realized I forgot to meet you at the railway station. Since then, I’ve tried to call you several times, but I feel you are still angry with me and wouldn’t answer my phone call.
I promise this will not happen and wish you would forgive me.