1. —Would you like to join me for a quick lunch before class?
—______, but I promised Nancy to go out with her.
A. I’d like to B. I like it C. I don’t D. I will
2. —What fruit is in season now?
—Pears and apples, ______
A. I know B. I think C. I see D. I feel
3. The performance ______ nearly three hours, but few people left the theater early.
A. covered B. reached C. played D. lasted
4. Let’s learn to use the problem we are facing ______ a stepping-stone to further success.
A. to B. for C. as D. by
5. The lawyer seldom wears anything other than a suit ______ the season.
A. whatever B. wherever C. whenever D. however
6. I like getting up very early in summer. The morning air is so good ______.
A. to be breathed B. to breath C. breathing D. being breathed
7. —Have you known Dr Jackson for a long time?
—Yes, since she ______ the Chinese Society.
A. has joined B. joins C. had joined D. joined
8. You are driving too fast. Can you drive ______?
A. more slowly a bit B. slowly a bit more C. a bit more slowly D. slowly more a bit
9. The wet weather will continue tomorrow, when a cold front ______ to arrive.
A. is expected B. is expecting C. expects D. will be expected
10. —Which of the two computer games did you prefer?
—Actually I didn’t like ______.
A. both of them B. either of them C. none of them D. neither of them
11. —Have you got any idea for the summer vacation?
—I don’t mind where we go ______ there’s sun, sea and beach.
A. as if B. as long as C. now that D. in order that
12. The weather was ______ cold that I didn’t like to leave my room.
A. really B. such C. too D. so
13. The English spoken in the United States is only slightly different from ______ spoken in England.
A. which B. what C. that D. the one
14. After studying in a medical college for five years, Jane ______ her job as a doctor in the countryside.
A. set out B. took over C. took up D. set up
15. —Sorry, I made a mistake again.
—______. Practice more and you will succeed.
A. Never mind B. Certainly not C. Not at all D. Don’t mention it
1. A。根据对话上文可知，答句是回答对方的请求。I’d like to 与上文的Would you like to…呼应。
2. B。根据对话上文可知，此处是对别人提出问题的发表自己的看法，故用I think(我认为)。
4. C。use…as…意为“把……用作……”，如：Mother uses old soaks as dusters. 母亲用旧袜子作抹布。She used the bad weather as an excuse for not coming. 她拿天气不好作不来的借口。
5. A。whatever在此引导让步状语从句，相当于no matter what。注意，此题中的whatever the season为省略句，在句末省略了is。句意为：不管是什么季节，这位律师几乎总是穿牛仔裤和T恤。
6. B。按英语习惯，在easy, difficult, impossible, good, ready等少数形容词后接不定式时，尽管句子主语与其后不定式之间为被动关系，不定式习惯上仍用主动形式。如：Both these questions are easy to answer. 这两个问题都容易回答。 English grammar is not very difficult to learn. 英语语法不很难学。 Are these berries good to eat? 这种莓子能吃吗? The letters are ready to sign. 这些信可以签字了。
7. D。since she join the Chinese Society为I have known Dr. Jackson since she join the Chinese Society之省略。连词since所搭配的时态通常是：主句用现在完成时，从句用一般过去时。
8. C。more slowly为副词slowly的比较级形式，其前的a bit用于比较级表示“……一点点”，又如：You’ll just have to be a bit more careful than most people. 你的确必须比大多数人更小心一些。
9. A。由于a cold front(冷锋)与expect之间为被动关系，故要用被动语态，故可排除B和C;expect的意思是“预计”，is expected to do sth意为“预计将要做某事”，本本身已含有将来意义，故不用将来时态。
11. B。比较四个选项：as if意为“好像”，as long as意为“只要”，now that意为“既然”，in order that意为“为了”。显然，只有填as long as意思最通顺。答句的意思是：只要有阳光、大海或沙滩，去哪里我都不介意。
12. D。so…that…为英语固定句式，其意为“如此……以至……”，又如：He was so young that you must excuse him. 他是那样年轻，你必须原谅他。 It was so dark that he couldn’t see the faces of his companions. 天是那样黑，他连同伴们的脸都看不清。
13. C。that在此指代the English。句意为：美国人说的英语与英国人说的英语只是稍有不同。又如：The dialect in one town may he quite different from that of the next town. 一个城镇的方言可能与另一个城镇很不相同。
14. C。比较：set out意为“动身，出发，开始干”;take over意为“接管”;take up意为“从事”;set up意为“建立，成立”。显然只有C最符合句意。全句意为：在一所医学院学了五年后，Jane在乡下找了份当医生的工作。
15. A。比较：Certainly not为断然的否定，意为“当然不……”;Not at all 和 Don’t mention it主要用于回答别人的感谢;Never mind用于表示安慰，意为“没关系”，显然只有A最符合语境。句意为：“对不起，我又出错了。”“没关系，多练习，你就会成功的。”