1. —Are you all right?
A. That’s OK B. I think so C. Take it easy D. It’s very kind of you
2. ______ apple fell from the tree and hit him on ______ head.
A. An; the B. The; the C. An; 不填 D. The; 不填
3. I like this jacket better than that one, but it costs almost three times ______.
A. as much B. as many C. so much D. so many
4. ______ wants to stay in a hotel has to pay their own way.
A. Anyone B. The one C. Whoever D. Who
5. I don’t believe you’ve already finished reading the book—I ______ it to you this morning!
A. would lend B. was lending C. had lent D. lent
6. Some children want to challenge themselves by learning a language different from ______ their parents speak at home.
A. what B. that C. which D. one
7. —What’s that noise?
—Oh, I forgot to tell you. The new machine ______.
A. was tested B. will be tested C. is being tested D. has been tested
8. Yesterday she sold her car, ______ she bought a month ago.
A. whom B. where C. that D. which
9. —I’d like some more cheese.
—Sorry, there’s ______ left.
A. some B. none C. a little D. few
10. ______ that he was in great danger, Eric walked deeper into the forest.
A. Not realized B. Not to realize C. Not realizing D. Not to have realized
11. You ______ be hungry already—you had lunch only two hours ago!
A. wouldn’t B. can’t C. mustn’t D. needn’t
12. There are plenty of jobs ______ in the western part of the country.
A. present B. available C. precious D. convenient
13. It is one of the funniest things ______ on the Internet so far this year.
A. finding B. being found C. to find D. found
14. American Indian ______ about five percent of the U. S. population.
A. fill up B. bring up C. make up D. set up
15. Dogs have a very good ______ of smell and are often used to search for survivors in an earthquake.
A. sense B. view C. means D. idea
16. Don’t promise anything ______ you are one hundred percent sure. (2008浙江卷)
A. whether B. after C. how D. unless
17. Everything was perfect for the picnic ______ the weather. (2008浙江卷)
A. in place of B. as well as C. except for D. in case of
18. Running a company is not ______ a matter of hiring people—they also need to be trained. (2008浙江卷)
A. simply B. partly C. seriously D. equally
19. Why are you so anxious? It isn’t your problem ______. (2008浙江卷)
A. on purpose B. in all C. on time D. after all
20. —Shall we go out for dinner tonight?
A. You are right B. It must be funny C. That sounds great D. Have a nice time
1. B。I think so表示赞同，意为“我想是这样”。
2. A。第一空用不定冠词，因为此处为非特指;第二空作定冠词，因为hit sb on the head为惯用表达，类似的还有hit sb in the face, hit sb on the back等。
3. A。three times as much为three times as much as that之省略。
4. C。whoever在此引导主语从句，相当于anyone who。注意不要根据汉语意思而误选A或D。若选A，应在anyone后加上who;若选D，应在其前加上anyone。句意为：想住宾馆的得自己掏钱。
5. D。根据句末的this morning可知，空格处应填一般过去时。
6. A。what在此引导宾语从句，用作介词from的宾语。what在此相当于the language that。句意为：有的孩子想挑战自己，要学一种与父母在家里所说语言不同的语言。
8. D。由于she bought a month ago中的动词bought缺宾语，可排除关系副词where;而whom用作动词bought的宾语不合情理，故排除A;而that不能引导非限制性定语从句，故排除C。which在此引导非限制性定语从句，修饰的先行词是her car。句意为：昨天她把她的车卖了，这车是她一个月前买的。
10. C。此处用现在分词表原因，not realizing that he was in great danger相当于As he didn’t realize that he was in great danger。又如：The captain turned in, not realizing that the icebergs were so close. 船长上床睡觉了，没有意识到冰山已靠得这么近了。
11. B。做此题关键是要注意破折号后面的语境。you had lunch only two hours ago的意思是“你两个小时前才吃过中饭”，据此可知，你现在“不可能”就饿了，故用can’t。
12. B。available的意思是“能得到的”“可得到的”“可用的”，又如：Please let me have all the tickets available. 请把现有的票都给我吧。We picked the coolest room among those available. 在现有的房间中我们挑选了最凉快的一间。
14. C。比较：fill up意为“装满”“填满”;bring up意为“照料”“抚养”;make up意为“构成”“组成”;set up意为“建立”。将四个选项分别代入题中，只有make up使句意最通顺。
15. A。sense of smell意为“嗅觉”，如：The animal’s good sense of smell compensates for its poor eyesight. 这动物嗅觉灵敏弥补了视力之不足。
17. C。except for主要用来谈论不同类的东西，在说明情况后作细节上的修正，有时含有惋惜之意，如：We had a pleasant time, except for the weather. 我们玩得很高兴，只是天气不太好。The meal was excellent except for the first course. 这顿饭好极了，只是第一道菜稍差。
18. A。simply在此表示“仅仅”“只是”，又如：It is simply a matter of time. 这只不过是一个时间的问题。
19. D。after all意为“毕竟”，符合句意。
20. C。That sounds great表示赞成，意为“听起来很不错”。